Prepare for some pulse-racing, heart-pounding High Tension. The fantastic French horror from Alexandre Aja (The Hills Have Eyes (2006), Piranha 3D) gets a brand-new Limited Edition 4K/Blu-ray Dual Edition Box set release from masters in the field Second Sight Films this November.
A new entry to the French extremity movement on its release in 2003, this fearsomely violent slasher stars Cécile de France (The French Dispatch, Around the World in 80 Days) and Maïwenn (One Deadly Summer, The Fifth Element), as two best friends whose sleepover goes shockingly awry. This brutally violent, fear-fuelled cult classic arrives in the Limited Edition and Standard Edition 4K and Blu-ray versions, on 27 November 2023.
Alex (Maïwenn) and Marie’s (Cécile de France) study-weekend takes a savage turn, when a murderous maniac (Philippe Nahon– Irreversible), turns up on their doorstep. As Alex’s family is gruesomely picked off one-by-one, and one of them is taken hostage, a white-knuckle pursuit ensues… as Marie desperately battles to save them both from becoming his next victims.
Brimming with bloody violence and with a wicked twist in its tail, High Tension is one tense, terrifying terror ride you won’t be able to take your eyes off…
The brand-new box set is presented in a rigid slipcase with new artwork by James Neal with both discs featuring the film and bonus features. It comes with a 70-page book featuring new essays and the UHD is presented in HDR10+ and is the only approved HDR version of the film by the director. There’s also a host of brand-new interviews along with archive content. Please see full details below.
- Dual format edition including both UHD and Blu-ray with main feature and bonus features on both discs
- UHD presented in HDR10+ approved by director Alexandre Aja
- New audio commentary by Dr Lindsay Hallam
- An Experiment in Suspense: a new interview with Alexandre Aja
- The Man in the Shadows: a new interview with Writer Grégory Levasseur
- The Darker The Better: an interview with Cinematographer Maxime Alexandre
- The Great French Massacre: an interview with Special Effects Artist Giannetto De Rossi
- Only the Brave: Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on High Tension
- Archive ‘Making of’ featurette
- Archive Interview with Cécile De France
- Archive Interview with Maïwenn
- Archive Interview with Philippe Nahon
Limited Edition Contents
- Rigid slipcase with new artwork by James Neal
- 70-page book with new essays by Anna Bogutskaya, Prince Jackson, Stacie Ponder and Zoë Rose Smith
- Six collectors’ art cards
Check out Second Sight Films’ website for new release info and to buy direct at www.secondsightfilms.co.uk